Thursday, October 29, 2015

The Simply Stylist Conference NYC


      So this past Sunday I had the pleasure of attending the Simply Stylist Conference in New York. On top of hearing some truly inspiring speakers and a seriously decadent gift bag, I got to meet some really great people. Our day started at 10 am at the W hotel on Lexington with a lovely brunch decorated with beautiful floral arrangements of pink shades and goodies from Library of Flowers(which smell fabulously girly, luxurious and floral).
     After wards, we headed into the conference room and had the opportunity to hear some wonderful speakers, and even were able to ask questions. The highlights for me, were June Ambrose and Dan Carlberg. While the other speakers were great and equally inspirational, June is a legend in the styling world and has been around for a while and Dan founded Bloglovin when he was 18... That is pretty amazing! On top of that, he seems like a lot of fun and really down to earth. This lasted for quite a while, and towards the end it was the last thing I wanted to do.
     For the last few hours I wandered around to the different stations and mingled with various bloggers and brands. They had a hair,nails, and makeup station to get your touch ups done. They had drinks and appetizers. They had Lily Qian doing fashion illustrations. It was a good time and I look forward to attending next year!
    The gift bags for the 'VIP' group was supposedly worth close to $1000. It had a Trina Turk $128 floral scarf in it and a voucher for a $200 pair of shoes.. I mean, hello? Along with these luxuries it also had a ton of beauty items such as mascara, perfumes, face creams, and a whole lot more. Check out some of my photos:




                                                   Catt Sadler and June Ambrose
                                                      Blogger Yvonne and myself

                                                                      What I Wore!
The 'skirt' is actually a dress from Express. I wore it with this turtleneck that I belted. I wore my Giuseppe Zanotti boots and vintage Chanel camera bag with this because New York. duh.

                                                                      Get the look:

                                                             Thanks for reading!
                                                  Follow along on my instagram !

3 comments:

  1. Excellent article. Very interesting to read. I really love to read such a nice article. Thanks! keep rocking. web design westchester ny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you by any chance going to the one in LA? I am!

    Jessica || www.mycubiclechic.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. unfortunately, no. I it your first one? it's a lot of fun!

      Delete