Sunday, May 3, 2015

Print Mixing



      Fashion should be fun and expressive. What better way to have fun with clothes than patterns? Patterns of all sorts are 'in' for the upcoming seasons, and mixing them, even more so. I have to admit when it comes to this I am intimidated. Not because I don't know how, but there is something daunting about it, am I right? I am making it a fashion goal to mix prints by the end of June.. and document it, of course.

       If this is something you want to try, but don't quite have the cojones to go bold, try a simple mix like the look on the top right (below): where you mix two muted print pieces. This look works because it's keeping in the same color category and it is broken up by the solid black jacket and (godly) booties. The top isn't too busy and it's paired with a low key check print.

    If you want to go more colorful, pair floral with stripes. I know.. it sounds a little crazy, right? But it works. To tie this look together, I chose a floral print that was against a black background and also worked in the coral/red color at the bottom with the shoes and the clutch. This would really pop with a sexy red pout (and look great out to dinner or for drinks).

    The third look is for the advanced. It is edgy and sexy. This print look works because the two are not competing together. One has a small somewhat stripey herringbone print going on and the skirt has a larger bolder print. It is broken up because the top is cropped. If you are on the shorted side, like me, I do not recommend wearing a pencil skirt or a midi with ankle boots because it will make your legs non existent. Try instead a mule or a nude shoe that doesn't cut off your leg with anything near the ankle. This will elongate your legs.

Print Mixing





                                                      Thanks for reading! 

3 comments:

  1. cool items! love the crop top!

    www.bstylevoyage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I think that one and the givenchy booties are my favs

      Delete
  2. They are hot! Thanks for reading :)

    ReplyDelete