Friday, April 17, 2015

My Spring/Summer Wardrobe Update



         When it comes to shopping, I consider myself like every other young(ish) trendy gal; when I get any sort of money, it burns a dark hole in my pocket and I itch to spend it almost immediately. If you don't have this problem, awesome! For those of you who do, know my tremendous struggle. Hence the reason why my husband does our finances and budgeting instead of me. If it was up to me, I would much rather book a vacation than pay a debt because .. well.. YOLO.

         But, for the past few months, I actually held onto some money and planned my spring/summer wardrobe a  little bit better. At first, I purchased this jacket from Express. Even though it is beautiful and when I got it was only $30, it's not really me and doesn't go with too much I already own. Plus, with a larger bust,  it falls strangely across the chest. I went back, and instead purchased sandals since my puppy destroyed my only pair of flip flops and both my gladiators have been long ago falling apart.

       I also saw this yellow blouse in Forever 21 and immediately images were dancing in my head of beautiful outfits I could put together with it; high waisted pants, wide leg linen pants, destroyed shorts... my list went on.


1. Express  sandals $29.90 30% off right now! ($20.00)    2. Forever 21  yellow blouse $22.90

             
HM lyocel blouse     $9.95, didn't even HAVE to think about this one, I've worn it a few times already since purchasing it a couple weeks ago, couldn't be happier. seen here



A few of the things are not up on the websites of the stores. I could not find these shorts or the high waisted white skinny pants. However, you can find them in H&M for $9.95! The white eyelet blouse is Forever 21 found here. It looks a bit different on the model, it is much wider at the hem on me and a bit more swing-y, it also shows more back on me. But, both of these are beautiful quality and detail for around $20. You do not need to spend too much for a quick summery bright update. A few fresh pieces will take you a long way, just focus on purchasing items that can go with items you already own.


This bikini is also Forever 21, this one and more here. If you are looking for a higher waist and not something cheap from China, Forever 21 is a good bet (I found the bottoms to run pretty small, so the bottom here is a medium even though I wear a 4). They have a ton of styles online. Another good one for high waist swimwear is Aerie. 


Thanks for reading about my new fun purchases! 









3 comments: