Monday, November 17, 2014

What I Wore: 11-15-14, Wedding Edition and Eshakti Review.


       A little while ago I was asked to do a review for eShakti and I picked out a beautiful dress that I just had the perfect opportunity to wear. This past weekend my husband and I went to a wedding of one of his best friends. I wanted a dress that was classy and a little bit sexy, but still age and wedding appropriate. I decided on the Morgan dress :
Morgan dress

The thing about this company that is different than most online retailers is that you can do some customization with your order.  For example, you could change the sleeve length or the hemline. 

This is how I styled it with dangling earings, a gold belt, and gold strappy heels. I wore my hair in a low ponytail to show off the decorative neckline of the dress. 





         Overall, I would say I was happy with the company. The ordering and shipping process was very easy and I got the dress rather quickly. It fit me perfectly through out and the only thing I would have changed( and ended up doing myself) was the length. I mentioned I wanted it to be 2 inches above the original hem, and I'm not sure if the dress was just very long for my 5'4 frame or if they forgot to hem, but the length was still a centimeter below my knees. I hemmed it to be about an inch shorter in the front than the back and took about 2 inches off the back.

         I would not recommend this dress if you have to drive for a while to where ever you are heading. It wrinkles quickly and the cap sleeves have no stretch to lift up your arms while driving. With that being said, I do like the fact that this dress is cotton and it feels very crisp and fresh and can be great for those with sensitive skin or allergies to synthetic materials.
*edit: POCKETS! One of the best parts of this dress, and it was a total surprise until I went to hem it, you can't really see them because of the fullness.

      The website can be great for people who have a hard time finding clothes to suit their needs; If you are larger on top and small on bottom, if you love a dress, but wish it had sleeves, if you want something a bit longer or shorter due to your height, this company can help you! Check it out, they have plenty of very cute styles and something for everyone.


                                                                 Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment