Sunday, June 29, 2014

Kendra Thornton's Miami Fashion Challenge


       There is absolutely no question about how much I love Miami and exploring the city and the beach side. A couple of days ago, I was contacted by Kendra Thornton to participate in a fashion challenge for her upcoming mini-vacation to Miami. Clearly, I was excited to join the challenge since I love this beautiful city, was just there a few months ago, and wanted to live vicariously through this challenge of Kendra's!
           
       " Life in the digital age is great in part because of the way we all get to interact with a variety of other individuals with skill, interests and talents that complement our own. I love to travel, and any time I go on a trip, I take the time to research my destination online. For an upcoming trip to Miami, I got some great tips from Gogobot. I found the perfect accommodations at the sophisticated and luxurious Biltmore Hotel. This is one of Miami’s premiere hotels , built in 1926,  it features sumptuous guest rooms and suites as well as modern amenities. I’m super excited for this romantic getaway that I’ll be enjoying with my husband."

      I have never personally stayed at the Biltmore, but it looks very luxurious and beautiful!

"During our stay in South Beach, we’ll be enjoying some amazing fitness amenities at our hotel. I am a yoga enthusiast, so I definitely plan on taking advantage of the yoga studio that overlooks the spectacular scenery of the resort’s golf course. The Biltmore Hotel offers over 100 exercise classes each week including spin classes, Zumba, boot camps and Pilates. When I need to cool off, I can enjoy relaxing by the hotel’s landmark pool or hop into the pool and join one of their aquatic fitness classes. Whatever a week in Miami holds, I know it’s going to be great."


My first look for kendra is a casual one, for going out to lunch or a bit of shopping at Coral Gables. In Miami, the heat and humidity can ruin even the best hair, so I opt for a nice braid or a neat ponytail and a bit of hairspray. Light and flowy fabrics are a must as well: 



Navy romper   /    Camel Peep toe wedge    
Casual look #2:



Miami also offers a ton of opportunties for water activities, including jet skiing, beach side lounging, and pool side r&r. For this reason, you most definitely need to bring more than one swimsuit/bikini. When I travel down to Miami, I bring at least 4 with me! 
Here is one look, perfect for the gorgeous pool at the Biltmore:





And another swimwear look for the beach :







         As well as beach days and pool lounging, Miami has nightlife galore! The ladies there are always dressed immaculately and you need to bring your A-game to the hot spots. I put this look together for a fancy dinner out followed by some dancing:








Kendra mentioned the Biltmore has amazing fitness programs available with over 100 classes offered on the property. These fitness looks are perfect for running outdoors, on the treadmill or a yoga session:




Thanks for the great opportuntiy, it was a  lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment